1. Know your Realtor, This is one of the most important criteria when purchasing a home. All realtors are not created equal. Find a listing agent that will meet your family’s needs and will work for you. This person should be your advocate and supporter along your journey. Buying a home can be stressful and complicated, but it doesn’t have to be if you hire an experienced agent with a long list of happy clients. Your agent will always put your needs first and negotiate in your best interest for price, house repairs, inspections, disclosures, contracts and much more
2. Select a trusted lender: Make sure that you do your homework if you are securing a loan for your home. Don’t think that you need to go through a national lender to get the best deal. You’ll find that the best deal may actually be with working with a local lending agent who would save you a lot of time and money while also making the process much easier. They’ll deal with the larger banks and have the contacts, negotiating power and process in place to potentially get you a lower rate and ideal program.
3. Hire a trustworthy moving company: Moving expenses will quickly take up a big chunk of your budget. One of the ways to maximize your budget is to hire a local trustworthy moving company instead of one of the pricey national chains. They can save you hundreds of dollars, and the movers can have your items moved within several hours. (source: gobankingrates.com)
When you show your house to potential buyers, you need to put your pets away so that they are safe, not stressed out, to reduce odor and so that buyers who are allergic or afraid can still visit.
# Kennel the pets inside the house
# Take the pets to a kennel outside the house (at your local vet or service like the Wag Hotels)
# Ask a neighbor, friend, or family member to watch the pets
# Put the pets behind a baby gate
# Have moved to your new home with the pets already
The real estate market is tied into consumer confidence and sentiment. That is why it’s important to track the consumer confidence survey. The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index® decreased in March, following an increase in February. The Index now stands at 127.7 (1985=100), down from 130.0 in February. Consumers’ assessment of current conditions declined slightly, with business conditions the primary reason for the moderation. Overall expectations remain quite favorable. Despite the modest retreat in confidence, index levels remain historically high and suggest further strong growth for the economy (and real estate sales) in the months ahead.
5 Reasons To Sell Your Home Early In 2018
- Mortgage rates are historically low which is drawing buyers into the market before they go up
- Inventory is low and demand is high. The less homes on the market, the better for you. If you want top dollar, then competition from other home sellers will decrease your chances.
- Home prices are still increasing
- People have more money in their pocket, unemployment is on the decline
- Millennials are ready to commit. This age group is projected to account for 43% of home buyers in 2018 (source: realtor.com)
Ready to sell your home? Call today 323-717-2262
The real estate market is driven by the emotions (and confidence) of home buyers. That’s why tracking the Consumer Confidence Index will give you an indicator of things to come in the future of real estate sales. The Consumer Confidence Index® decreased in December, following a modest improvement in November. The Index now stands at 122.1 (1985=100), down from 128.6 in November. The decline in confidence was fueled by a somewhat less optimistic outlook for business and job prospects in the coming months. Consumers’ assessment of current conditions, however, improved moderately. Despite the decline in confidence, consumers’ expectations remain at historically strong levels, suggesting economic growth will continue well into 2018.”
I predict the real estate market will stay steady yet may see prices increase at a slower pace.
Source: December 2017 Consumer Confidence Survey®
If you are ready to buy/sell a home or have any questions, call me today…
Consumer confidence can effect the real estate market and currently the Consumer Confidence Index is down .6 point which is nominal and consumers assessment of economic conditions remains favorable
If you sell your home in California, you are likely to use the services of an escrow company. Here is what escrow does: Through negotiations, the home buyer and seller establish the property price, terms and conditions for the ownership transfer of the property. These terms and conditions are given to a third party know as the escrow holder. The escrow holder acts for both buyer and seller and protects the interests of each within the authority of the escrow instructions. Escrow Instructions, which are prepared by the escrow officer, identify all of the terms and conditions of the escrow, as well as the escrow holder’s general provisions and legal responsibilities and limitations. They are usually detailed in nature and prepare the escrow officer for every situation.